It may take long time to run the diagnostics and we mostly start it at end of day so that it will run whole night.
- Reboot the system and press F12. You can see the Dell screen which shows before the Windows screen. In case you miss the screen then you should wait for windows to finish and start the system again so that it appears.
- You will see black boot menu screen. The steps from here are almost same.
- You can use up/down arrows to select “Diagnostics” or “Utility Partition” and then press enter key.
- You can run few pre-boot tests and answer the questions. Press the key to boot the utility partition.
- You can see the hardware Diagnostics screen and a menu with 4 buttons. You click on the “Custom Tests” button.
- You can check the non-interactive tests at the top of window and select “All Devices” from the tree on the left.
- Click “Run Tests” button.
- You can send email or call the IT office administrator to solve the issue.
If you don’t get any error message then you can understand the issue is related to software or network.